Sunday, April 17, 2011

Oxon Hill Maryland

I'm a wee bit late on this, but better late than never.  My husband took me to the National Harbor last weekend and we now have a favorite new getaway to look forward to over long weekends.
I can't wait to go back when the weather is warmer. 
We stayed at the Westin right on the water, the room was really nice and bathroom was a definite stunner with an amazing glass shower and separate potty room.  We had a bev and caught some of the NBA Finals at the hotel bar.
 We slept like total babies (no cat or dog to wake us!)
 We can't wait to go back to Ketchup, not only was our meal great but the Roy Lichtenstein inspired decor had me on the edge of my seat the whole time.  The asparagus fries were bomb-diggity especially with their signature five flavors of ketchup.
 After dinner we took a nice stroll and found Cake Love.  Let's just say that I won't be visiting them again.  I got a strawberry iced chocolate cupcake and it was vile.  The icing was more like hard wax and the cake portion was borderline stale.  My other half enjoyed a peanut butter flavored cupcake that tasted a heck of a lot better than mine.  FAIL.
 
Roy and I both had our eyes on this canvas duffel bag displayed inside the Fossil shop in the bottom of our hotel.  We walked in to see how much it was and got caught up talking to the knowledgeable gentlemen that worked there.  I never in a million years thought/knew that Kors and Michelle watches are MADE BY FOSSIL!  While meandering around the store I found they had a slew of rose gold accessories, I couldn't leave the above there.  It's a perfect match to my watch and I just love it.
 
Thank you again for our little vacay V!

No comments:

Post a Comment