Monday, September 5, 2011

DIY Determined #9

I'm sort of obsessed with the reuse of pallets as of late, I've been dying to make a table like these for months now. My husband promised we'd conquer the making of our pallet table this weekend and boy did we ever.
The hubs knew just the spot to go for pallets. There were so many to choose from, it was hard to decide which one.  This is a big decision as this is going to be our coffee table in the new house!
After 2 trips back we finally got it right.  A stop at Home Depot for some supplies and the fun begins.  You'll need 4 wheels and wood screws to secure the pallets together.  You'll also need some sealant, I went with spray because its the easiest.  (You can use a color or stain, but I went with clear.)  We still need to get some glass cut for the top, but here's our version of the pallet table:
After we sanded the edges and screwed it together, we personalized it a bit and painted the clear sealant (3 coats) all over that bad boy.  I can't wait to move and see this up & running.
I loved the table with the one pallet (seen below), but we have a big dog and it needed to be taller.  I love how it turned out and I'll definitely post pictures of it in action after we move!
Mission Accomplished.

No comments:

Post a Comment