Saturday, November 27, 2010

Sally's DIY Holiday Branches



With Thanksgiving now behind us, we can finally bust out the Christmas and Channukah decor. While purchasing 1 of our 2 trees today from Home Depot, I got inspired to bring the festiveness and also bought a can of gold spray paint. ($3.99) On a walk with my dog this morning, I gathered a bunch of sticks which literally cost me nothing. Knowing this years Halloween costume experience had made me a pro spray-painter, I knew this job would be a total piece of cake.   It took me all of 5 minutes to paint the sticks, so I figured I'd put this post together while they all dry.  To finish, simply place the painted sticks in a mason jar or vase that you already own and you've just created a $4 work of art that will jazz up any mantle or table center.  You can also add glitter or a few ornaments for some extra sparkle!

No comments:

Post a Comment