Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Mirror, Mirror

I totally misplaced the memory stick to my camera, hence the lack of recent posts. I recovered it yesterday from the pocket of some sweats I was about to toss in the wash! In light of my discovery, I thought I'd finally share this simple project I did a few weeks back. 
Mom gave me this mirror a few years ago, I've inherited lots of great items from her neighbors that are getting rid of stuff. I've used it AS-IS since I got it, but when I found the perfect spot for it at the bottom of our stairs, I knew it was in need of a change.
Before the fun began, I had to protect the mirror from any mishaps. I thought this part would be difficult, but once I started messing around with the paper, I found you could literally slide it behind the frame, no tape needed at all!
Now, bring on the spray paint! I used a glossy black, I love how it turned out and it looks perfect against the greige walls in our foyer.

No comments:

Post a Comment